We are currently Recruiting for the position of Information System Analyst for the Thurrock council.
Key job responsibilities include:
Ensuring effective operation of information systems supporting Adults and Children’s Services to ensure that information is collected, recorded, stored, disseminated and analysed effectively.
To support and train front-line staff in the effective use of information systems, developing training materials, guidance documents, and ensuring documentation of key business process functions to support workflow improvements.
Development and implementation of system updates and data quality processes to ensure data accuracy for the continuous monitoring and management of Performance Indicators and submission of statutory returns.
Ensure that policies and procedures are adhered to and monitored so that all data recording is accurate and timely and ensures the development of quality and cost-effective services.
To work within the Performance, Quality and Business Intelligence Service providing operational support for information systems used within Adult’s and Children’s Services. Current information systems include:
Adults Social Care
LAS, Controcc, Quickheart,
Children’s Social Care and Early Help
LCS, EHM and Controcc
Children’s Education and Family Support Services
Synergy Suite, Anycomms +, Childview, FFT, COLLECT
- To take responsibility for the day to day operation and maintenance of one or more information systems, as directed by the Information Systems Manager, including the following key system maintenance functions:
- User account management (where not covered by the Helpdesk and Quality Officer)
- Accessibility and security of information (where not covered by the Helpdesk and Quality Officer)
- Release management and user acceptance testing
- Data Integrity
- Data import and export
- Maintenance of forms, look up tables and user-defined fields
- Supporting the documentation, development and improvement of workflow processes and data protocols
- Supporting the resolution of system issues, including logging and escalation with ICT and system suppliers where relevant, in liaison with the Help Desk and Data Quality Officer
- To provide guidance, support and training in the use of business applications to ensure effective use and change management.
- Ensure the appropriate use of technology and procedures to ensure that management information is available to accurately complete statutory returns in a timely manner and to ensure that operational reports are developed to be available as required by Managers
- To provide second line helpdesk support first line cover, including one to one support for information systems used by Children’s and Adult’s services and external users where appropriate
- To work with business users to understand and map business processes, document requirements and changes, to ensure accurate and timely data recording in ways that enhance and assist practice
- Develop and maintain internal communication processes to ensure that services are fully aware of the importance of accurate data recording and the impact this has on Management Information
- Carry out research to ensure up to date knowledge of statutory reporting requirements
- Provide advice to services in the use of technology to monitor performance
Maintain data integrity by the adherence to Quality Procedures, ensuring risks
- are identified and managed around the use of information
- Ensure that information is presented effectively
- Implement regular data quality audits and ensure strategies are in place to encourage the services to develop and maintain electronic case files.
- To contribute to the development of systems, in line with the Council’s Digital Strategy, including the development of relevant information sharing across systems.
- Represent Children’s Services, Adult’s Services and Thurrock Council where appropriate at regional, county-wide and local level as well as within internal groups
- To act as a source of consultation and expertise for staff utilising Children’s and Adults Information systems in data recording related matters.
To apply please call 02085910110 for immediate interview, alternatively please send CV via job advert.
Job Types: Full-time, Temporary
Salary: £12.00 to £15.00 /hour
Offerd Salary£15,000 - £20,000
ExperienceLess than 1 Year
Related Jobs (8)
Early Years Practitioner HCAPS – London, Greater London on 17th October 2017 Temporary
Early Years Practitioner HCAPS – London, Greater London on 17th October 2017